1 Jan 2008

Celebrations

We had the best New Years Eve that we have had in a long time. We joined up with some friends and had food, tonnes and tonnes of fabulous food. Those of you that know me know that I am not a foodie. I eat to live but last night I ate because it was so good. We ate twice or maybe 3 times I forget. The reason I forgot is because I drank a glass of wine. I don't drink.....EVER. That one little glass of wine did me in. We laughed, we had fun. Our friends also felt the affects of the wine. Parenting does that to you.

We laughed some more. Our children played their little hearts out. We ate some more. We celebrated parenthood, friendship, life and of course Rosie. At 11.30 all 4 kiddywinks were still holding up but at 11.40 we lost the first one and she was followed five minutes later by the second. The 2 surviving kids were giving us a run for the money but we forced ourselves "lively". At the stroke of midnight we toasted the new year. The girls had sparkling grape juice and we had the real stuff. I love champagne, I never drink it but last night I did. I was floating again. We all giggled like school kids. We played silly games and we had a wonderful time.


Finally it was time for bed.....past time for bed, and we said our goodnights. I woke up at 6 cos Lily was up but I told her she had to stay in bed cos everyone was still sleeping. After and hour she begged to look out the door. I told her she could and we were instantly greeted by voices. We went down stairs and Grace was standing in the kitchen with a big grin and announced that she was cooking breakfast. I had to pass it up. I had only finished eating 4 hours previously and just couldn't do it again. Everyone else dove right in.

We are all so tired. I am running on fumes. Lily cried in the car on the way home cos she didn't want to leave. It was sad.

If I have left comments on your blog that are full of typos blame it on 4 hours of sleep and the excitement of receiving our LOA.

It was a truly wonderful night.....thank you Hollis and Grace.

Will he never learn that if he plays the fool I will share it with the world?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


One sleepyhead

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Another sleepyhead.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Party animals.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

Happy new year!

Patricia/NYC said...

How did I know, even before I saw the pics, that Miss Lily was one of the party animals?? lol!

Sounds like a truly fabulous way to ring in the new year!!

Wishing you mounds of happiness & blessings in '08!!

Dannye said...

sounds like you guys had a ball and a half!! so glad you brought in the new year with friends!!

3D said...

Happy 2008! Sounds wonderful!

Keep smilin!

Steffie B. said...

Happy 2008....looks like a very exciting few months are ahead of you!

Polar Bear said...

Sounds like the PERFECT was to celebrate! What a year this is going to be for ALL of you!

Congratulations on the LOA! I am so happy for you!

Happy New Year to ALL of you!!!

Snowflowers Mum said...

Happy 2008!

You definately did it up in style, we couldnt keep our eyes open past 10.30pm! We watched Harry Potter then went to bed! Why is it that as you get older you can barely tolerate a glass of wine? I'm the same way, which is sad cos I love a glass of wine now and then!

Hoping for a speedy TA so you can go and get Miss Rosie!

Hayley

Nikki said...

I knew Miss Lily would make it till midnight! (mine did too, of course)...glad to hear you had such a wonderful night! (I'd like to have a glass of wine with ya sometime.)

Sorry I missed your call this morning...Lily and I were still in bed. I am STILL fighting this nasty cold/allergy thing and Lily is still catching up from the holiday.
You are TOO sweet! Tell Jakey happy b-day from us too.

Vivian M said...

Happy 2008! What a wonderful way to start the year, and all the wonderful things that await your family in the months to come. Maybe you should consider doing the wine and bubbly thing again!

PIPO said...

Cute pics!

Your man knows how to work a head piece.

All the best in 08 - looks like it will be a great one ahead for you!

Kris said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!! Happy New Year you guys :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails