31 Dec 2007

Out With The Old



This year has flown by. I think that we spend so much time waiting for the next batch of referrals that we end up speeding through the days. We don't like what we hear so we count down the days to the next month just hoping it will get better and before you know we have counted through 12 months....yet again.

This year has been wondeful even though it didn't start out on a bright note with a massive health scare in the family but what started as the lowest point of my life was soon overshadowed with the news that everything was fine. We spent a wonderful summer in England with my family and managed quite a few other trips here and there throughout the year that were just as memorable. Jacob and I celebrated 20 years of marriage, Lily celebrated turning 5 and headed into kindergarten. She has learnt to read and just moves forward to every new challenge in her life with such exuberance that we could all learn from her.

Suddenly it was Halloween and the holiday countdown was on. Lily is old enough now to understand all of the holidays and jumps into each and every one of them with her happy go lucky atitude. Every time somebody tells me that Lily is always smiling my heart swells alittle bit because she wasn't so smiley for those first few days and I remember having conversations in my head where I would beg and plead for a smile from her. All my begging worked cos we now have the happiest little Schnoog in the world.

The start of the holidays bought us the best news we could ever hope for, we were matched with Rosie. As we enter a new year my wish for all of you is: that your dreams come true and your heart overflows with happiness. I wish this for my family too and in addition I also wish for a speedy travel approval.

Happy 2008 to one and all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo,Gel. read the mess. but dont wanna come in too early.....Catch u later..love b.b.and jon

Dannye said...

and a happy nude rear to you too (you have to see my blog to understand that one, hehe)...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails