26 Dec 2007

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Christmas is so much more fun now than it has ever been. To be perfectly honest I don't know who was more excited on Christmas Eve, Jacob and I or Lily. We went to visit with some friends and then we came home and got ready for church. The church that Jacob attended growing up is really beautiful and on Christmas Eve the children of the parish put on a play so we wanted Lily to see it. She was not impressed......typical! I was, I love singing carols but since I cannot carry a tune in a bucket I have to sing very softly.

Once we got home Lily made herself a little check list of everything she had to do before going to bed and carried her list around with her until everything was checked off.

This video is quite long but you can really see her excitement and just how thorough she was.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books




Once we were sure that she was asleep we started to bring down the presents.

What the tree looked like when Lily went to bed.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


And what it looked like a couple of hours later.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


One of my favourite things to do it stuff the stockings. I love it. We always put her stocking up in her bedroom so that she sees it first thing in the morning. The shrieks of delight give us warning that she is up and that we need to grab the video and head for the stairs.

Her face as she saw the presents was priceless. Before she made a dash for them she needed to be sure that Santa had found his cookies and that the Reindeer had eaten their carrots. In the kitchen next to the cookie plate was a letter to her from Santa, (way to go Daddy). The last line of it said, when I was in China I gave Rosie a kiss from you. Lily's face lit up and she said, "how does he know that she is my sister? Mommy you said Rosie wouldn't get any presents this year but she got a kiss from me and love is better than presents ." She is so kind and sweet is it any wonder that I love this kid to bits.

Then it was off to the tree and the fun really began. I was so wrapped up in her that I didn't even notice the box that Jacob placed next to me. I finally opened it and was thrilled to find a Wii game. We have had so much fun with it. Lily is getting quite good too.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Bunny's Stocking

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



All in all we had a beautiful Christmas. This is our last holiday as a family of 3 and in many ways that made it even more special. I don't know what I did to get this life but I must have been very, very good because I am so happy I could scream from the rooftops.

However all good things must come to an end and this morning a certain little girl woke up with a temperature, a headache, a tummy ache and a sore throat. Lily has a very high pain threshold so I know she must really feel awful cos she has said something about it. So we are off to see our wonderful pediatrician in a couple of hours and until then we are hunkering down on the couch together because she is quite clingy and as much as I am sorry she feels rotten I love the clingy part
.

17 comments:

Rhonda said...

Such sweet videos! I love the idea of the Santa key.

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Love those videos. Christmas through the eyes of a child is always so wonderful! Even though Maddy doesn't really "get it" yet.. it was still exciting to have a little one around again.

Many blessings to you and your family.

ps.. we are joining you with the fever thing today. Maddy started yesterday afternoon with 102 and carried it through the entire night. We are down to 100 today so hopefully we can stay away from the doctors.

redmaryjanes said...

Wow! Look at all of those wonderful presents! You are the video queen, I still haven't aired one video on my blog.

Sissy Sarah and Miss Maddy said...

She is too funny! I love the videos. Her check list is very smart so she doesnt forget anything ;-). And way to go Bunny for getting a carrot in a stocking. How smart is Santa?!? Christmas is so much more exciting when little kids are around because, well its contagious. i can't wait till Maddy gets old enough to understand it and get excited.

Janet said...

I love the "clingy part" of sickness too. (guilty as charged)

I loved that post. Love her check list. She's a smart little cookie, that kid.

Ani said...

Oh gosh, the Santa letter and the kiss for Rosie made me cry.
Happy Christmas!

Dannye said...

how sweet, looks like your christmas has been loads of fun...lil really makes me feel like a kid again....thanks!!

and we must be really close, cuz i woke up this morning and I am sick, sore throat, can't swallow, fever, sore ears, stuffed up nose...but better today than yesterday as it was lots to get done helping my mom and Ray...hope lil feels better soon!!

Special K said...

Holidays with a child are pure joy. Their excitement and enthusiasm is quite contagious.

Patricia/NYC said...

First of all....ROSIE!!!! Absolute angelic DELIGHT!!!! What a gorgeous photo of such a sweet baby!

Secondly...the videos are THE SWEETEST!!!! I loved the "checklist" clip! And the one where Lily is opening the present made me LOL when she focused on the "papers"...that is something Kiara already does!!

Last but not least...FEEL BETTER Miss Lily, so you can enjoy all of those wonderful presents Santa left you!!

3D said...

Heartwarming videos. Lily is just adorable!

Keep smilin!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

That checklist just slayed me!!! Too cute! It looks like it was a magical Christmas and now bring on 2008 and the LOA!!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

oh and PS...feel better Lily! Katie Starr and Ethan are finally well and they send huge get well hugs to you :)

Steffie B. said...

oh yes....of coarse the video's of Miss Lily are always my favorite!

Steffie B. said...

Wow.....looks nothing short of FANTASTIC! So glad you were able to enjoy your LAST CHRISTMAS as a family of 3! Woo-hoo! ;)

Tammie said...

I love the videos!!

What a great idea to have a Santa Checklist! Lily is serious about getting everything just right for Santa. Too cute!

Snowflowers Mum said...

why'd you have to make go all soppy and cry! I love the part about Santa giving Rosie a kiss from Lily. Piper was all worried about Paisley and Santa, so we hung a stocking here, and Santa left some gifts under the tree for Paisley...but there were MANY questions about how he'd find the orphanage'! Kids are so dang smart huh!

Beautiful.

Hayley

Emmie said...

What a fun post. I absolutely love all the videos and pictures. Lily just reminds me of Sophia in so many ways. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails