26 Oct 2007

Go Lily, Go.


This post is nothing more than me gushing and bragging about our girl. Over the last month or so Lily has been reading more and more words and reading the occasional sign when we are out. She has always loved books and we have read to her from day one. After her bath tonight I asked her to choose a story and she picked out, Go Dog, Go. As we walked upstairs to bed I realised that she could probably read a lot of it herself so I asked her if she wanted to read it to me instead of me reading to her. She wanted to, so we snuggled down in our bed and off she went. She read the whole book. I had to help her sound out a few words and she was getting rather weary and frustrated towards the end but she would not give up.

Our girl can read. This is huge I am so proud of her and she is so very proud of herself. As soon as she was done we called Daddy to tell him and she shrieked into the phone. I am surprised that she didn't burst his eardrum. When I kissed her goodnight she had the proudest smile on her face and it resembles the sh*t eating grin that I am sporting right now.

She is getting so big and learning to read is huge as it opens up so many opportunities for her. Now there will be no holding her back because she is running with all this new found knowledge.

Wow, our little girl is reading. That means she is growing up fast. Ahem, CCAA did you hear me, my little baby is getting big could you please send her little sister this way ASAP cos I am not ready to have big girls only in this home. Thank you.

14 comments:

Dannye said...

congrats Lily!! We are so very proud of you too!! Definitely deserves an ice cream!!

3D said...

Alright Lily! That is my fave Dr Seuss book and I still have mine from when I was Lily's age.

Keep smilin!

M and M said...

Amazing news!!

Congrats to Lily!

Patricia/NYC said...

YAY, Lily!!!! Congratulations, that is soooo wonderful!!

That book is also one of my faves from childhood & is Kiara's fave as well...Kiara, not yet 3, is just ACHING to read!!! Must be something about Hubei! ;)

Janet said...

That is one of my favourite things about raising kids- teaching them to read! It is so neat to hear them. I always am so happy when they start. It's opening up a whole new world for them.

amy said...

Yeah for Lily! Awesome

Beth said...

Congrats Lily.

I remember that day when I go the first story read to me. sniff.

Yeah CCAA speed it up our girls aren't getting any younger.

Kris said...

Way to go, Lily, go! I was an avid reader early on too (still am)! As for the CCAA? Never lose hope. Go read buttercups post today, it might help... it did me!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

Way to go Lily.

A bittersweet moment indeed for mom and dad.

insanemommy said...

This IS huge!! Good job Lily.

Nikki said...

That is SUCH a huge step!
Way to go, Lily!

(we love that book here, too!)

Pug Mama said...

you brag away! Go Lilly Go!!!
and whisper to the CCAA to send my girl as well!!!
(I guess no more spelling things you don't want Lilly to hear!)

PIPO said...

Hooray Lily!

Steffie B. said...

Way to go Lily.....and you have every right to be one proud Mama!

It always blows me away when I see your LID. Happy that you are almost there, but it's so hard for me to think I have so long to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails