6 Jul 2007

Another Milestone & My Purse Meme

Just as I was about to serve Lily her lunch I asked her to go and wash her hands so she trotted into the downstairs loo and suddenly announced in a very excited voice, "I don't need this anymore." I asked what and Jacob went to investigate. After all there isn't alot in a downstairs cloakroom that you can do without. She no longer needs her little step for the sink. For as long as Lily has been in this family all the sinks have had little stools in front of them so that she can reach the basin. I am so used to straddling them that I don't even notice them anymore.
No sooner was she done drying her hands her and her dad went around gathering up all the steps and putting them away. Meanwhile I am still in the kitchen yelling, "why don't you keep them out for a bit longer in case you want to use them". But it was in vain, they are gone, packed in a closet to gather dust. This just seems to be such a big step, no pun intended. She really is getting big. Dannye, even though you posted a comment this morning on how much taller she looks, I won't blame you. LOL

Anyhoo onwards....I was tagged decades ago to do the purse meme. I didn't even carry a purse for years so this will be disappointing since I carry the bare minimum with me. This is my "work" purse but even when I switch it I literally dump the contents straight into the new one so they don't vary with the exception of when Lily adds a thing or two to it.



The contents


My wallet, lipstick, cellphone and keys (which along with the key chain are all nice and new due to the fact that I had a huge blond moment recently and lost my others.) This has always been one of my worst fears but now I can say it isn't so bad, just one call to a good locksmith and a trip to Brighton Collectibles for a new key chain and voila, problem solved.
Ahh yes back on track to the contents: Purell, I would die if I didn't have this with me 24/7. Hand cream, same is true with this. 3 pens, it would appear I have a pen fetish but I don't I think Lily put some of them in it. Some gum, I have to chew gum. My itty bitty Swiss army knife which used to be on my key chain but I got ticked off every time some security person told me to remove it so now it floats free, a Band Aid stash and some sunscreen, 2 red envelopes from Chinese New Year and a stack of gift and business cards. Most of that stuff goes in the side pocket and only my wallet, cellphone, lipstick and pens are in the big bit. So there you have it. Job done.

I will post the photos from last weekend soon.

7 comments:

Janet said...

I can SO relate to the stool thing! Isabelle told us not that long ago that she didn't need that anymore, she's a "big girl now". Sigh. I didn't mind the stool there. She's getting so tall!

Two Kayaks said...

It must be so interesting to see these changes in her! I guess being with her all the time makes noticing height changes difficult. Wow..no more stool!

PIPO said...

Awww! I can't believe the step stools are going away. At least they will come back out for Chopstick.

Your purse is a tidy one. I am liking the little Swiss Army knife. Every woman should be armed with an 'implement'!

Beautious bag too :0)

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

You will soon neeed those dusty stepstools again ;0)

BTW, I would not even dare to show the contents of my purse. Let's just say that my neck usually hurts due to it's weight.

Big Hugs

Holly said...

No more step stools? They grow up so fast!

Dannye said...

not to fear, when Ray and I come to visit, I may need to borrow those step stools to reach the sink....so see always a silver lining....hehehe

Nikki said...

That IS a big step for Lily. She is gettin' so big. But CJ is right, the stools will be comin' back out for Chopstick!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails