18 Jun 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring.

Yesterday we had hoped to spend the day at the beach and then head to Monty Trainers for a meal before going home HOWEVER the weather had different ideas cos it poured, cats and dogs all flipping day. We did head to the restaurant which is right on the water and you can just pull your boat up and you are there. It rained when we got there and before we left it was like a monsoon. We had to keep switching tables cos we were getting soaked but damn it we refused to leave cos this was the plan. We were drenched but still laughing. The good thing about Miami is it doesn't get cold when it rains.
I decided to play hooky this morning and we headed off to the beach in hopes of re-writing yesterday. We had a great time. We were almost there when Jacob pointed out a strange looking ship in Government Cut. It was a Pirate Ship much to Lilys delight and the pirates were all standing in the rigging. ( I thought they looked like birthday candles from far away which nearly caused hubby to drive the car straight into the ocean as he laughed so hard.) He sped up and drove towards the cut further down where we would be able to get out and Lily would really get a good look. There were photographers there so we asked what it was and they told us it was from Pirates Of The Carribean. All I can say is if I thought Johnny Depp was there I would have thrown myself into the ocean and pretended to drown.
The Birthday Candle Boat


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


The music is coming from the boat....pretty cool me thinks.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


After this excitement we headed down to South Beach and went for a swim and generally frolicked about on the sand.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Lily and Jacob found this tiny crab...of course Lily wanted to keep it for a pet. We really do need to get this child something soft and furry.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


We had water fights in the ocean with buckets. Silly fun.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


But now it is early evening and I have to go to work to make up for all that fun. We leave for the UK in a couple of weeks and before that we are heading away for along weekend so I really have no excuse for playing hooky other than I am a lazy bum who loves have fun with my family.
Hope you had a great Monday too.

19 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Very cool! I guess since you're off to work Johnny D wasn't on the ship. :)

Great pictures of the beach!!

Pug Mama said...

you guys always look like you have the best times together!!!

3D said...

What a fun Monday!

Keep smilin!

Dannye said...

what a great day, makes me quite jealous that I was at work while you were out playing with the Lil, Jacob, and those candle boat pirates!!!

M and M said...

Very cool ship. If you didn't tell us they were people I wouldn't know!

Glad you 're-did' your beach day. Looks like it was fun!

redmaryjanes said...

How cool that you saw that ship! Are sure Johnny wasn't on there?

Holly said...

Very cool ship. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Nikki said...

Oh yeah, I'd be playing hooky too!
Looks like sooo much fun, Dawn.

Lauren said...

Yeah...had Orlando Bloom been there I would have definately pretended to drown!!!! LOL! Looks like you guys had a great time at the beach! Have fun in the UK!

Judy said...

Good for you for playing hooky! We definitely have to do that too. What a happy Monday you guys had.

Are you planning to visit Orlando anytime soon? Would love to meet.

Judy

insanemommy said...

Ahhh Johnny D.. Tooo hot!! Dh and I from the Lauderdale/Miami area.... I've got a real hankering for "south beach".... one of my favorite spots.

Jealous...

Rony

Special K said...

Ohhh... I wanna beach in my backyard too. Looks like the best time.

La-La-Liene said...

Florida needs the rain. The entire south does so although you were bummed about the rain, it was needed. We got a lot of much needed rain up here in Little Rock too. I wish it would rain more. I hate the heat!!!

crazylady said...

Ahoy mates, I'd push you off the plank any day. Kidding. I'd hug you with my hook. Kidding. I'd let you scrub my deck. Not kidding.
At least if the rain continued, you had Noah's arc ready.

Steffie B. said...

Wow...what a terrific day! There is nothing better than family time! ;)

Beckyb said...

It's not playing hookey when you are spending time with family!!! ENJOY!!

PIPO said...

Trust me...those are the only kind of crabs you want to have! ;0)

You make fun out of anything and I just love that ability.

Glad someone got the rain...send it my way.

Frank said...

Jacob,

The hat comes off, repeat, off,when you go in the water!!

Frank

Ann said...

I miss so much when I don't blog. I see that you have been having the best of times again. Isn't is so beautiful at the beach. I love living by the ocean.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails