19 May 2007

Lily's Horrid Day

Miss Lily woke up at her usual 6.10am and was very tired. I pulled her in bed with us but she didn't fall back to sleep so I knew today would be a long one. She had a birthday party this afternoon so after lunch I layed down on the bed with her to watch a movie in hopes that she would fall asleep but she didn't. She had a great time at the party. It was at a gymnastic school and they did gymnastics for over an hour. On the way home she had a massive meltdown over something trivial but knowing how tired she was I sort of let her ride it out. Once we got home she was still crying those big gasping sobs but I was able to comfort her. At this point my heart was hurting for my little whimperer who really needed nothing more than to go to sleep. I bathed her and read her a story and when it was time to go to sleep she said, mummy, can I have something of yours to remind me of you when I am sleeping. I gave her my bear, Jack. I went back 5 minutes later to check on her and she has Jack snuggled under her arm and her Bunny is tucked in right next to her.
Lily doesn't get tired and cranky very often because she goes to bed early but last night she had a family night at school that we went to so she had a late night. Add to that the fact that they have been working so hard learning songs for mummys day and daddys day plus her graduating ceremony that I think she is beat. My poor little girl was so sad it broke my heart.

I am not sure why the camera is making that funny noise and I am talking very softly so it is hard to hear me. So sweet, my little angel.



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

14 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Poor little sweetie. I hope she has a good nights rest.

Beckyb said...

We all have days like that - so we REALLY sympathize - hope tomorrow is better!!!!

amy said...

Hope things got better..She sounds precious

PIPO said...

Awww...better days ahead. She is precious.

Your camera has gas. Did you store it near the Spotted Dick?

Yoli said...

Poor baby I hope she feels better. Glad to have come across your blog, we also live in Florida. Your little girl is just gorgeous.

Yoli

Pug Mama said...

so sweet

Dannye said...

i'm glad she got some sleep, we all just need some rest....i see the new Bun is sleeping with the original Bun...glad they became fast friends!!

Kris said...

How sweet is that. Glad she had your bear to snuggle with- it took my breath away seeing it, my mom kept the same bear with her throughout her hosptial stay, same sweatshirt even (though hers was slightly smaller).

redmaryjanes said...

My children require a lot of sleep also. They are heavy sound sleepers. If they get off schedule due a special night, it's rough for us the next day.
She's so very sweet!

aimeeg said...

So sweet. I get cranky when I'm tired, too!

Steffie B. said...

Sophia has meltdowns when she is overly tired as well....hope she has a better day tomorrow!

Nikki said...

Aw, that is too sweet.
It is amazing how upset they get when they don't get enough sleep. Poor pumpkin...at least she has a wonderful and understanding momma who cuts her some slack and then tucks her in.
And, when she asked for something of yours to sleep with did it TOTALLY melt your heart!??? Oh my!

E said...

I have days liket his too. The sleeps off and they find it hard to relax. You really feel for them huh? Sweet baby of yours.

3D said...

What a sleepy sweetiepie.

Keep smilin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails