31 Mar 2007

The Dreaded Paint and a Surprise.

Firstly I want to send huge enormous thank you's to Doris, Dan and Daisy for the lovely card that arrived in the mail today accompanied by 2 packets of Smarties that just delighted Lily to bits. Thank you so much it was really sweet of you.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Now on to the baby's room and the dreaded paint job.

The paint job complete with some rather fetching blue painters tape.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

The painters came back on Thursday and finished the room and once it was completed I sort of like it but it still didn't do it for me. I then realised that the room was bottom heavy and needed some life in its upper portion. I grabbed a couple of colourful things and asked Jacob to hold them against the wall while I looked. It really helped. So being me and having to have everything done yesterday I set to work painting some shelves in the same colours as the stripes and hit Pottery Barn Kids for a rug and window treatments.

Chopsticks Rug.


Yesterday Lily had a play date at a friends and then the older of the 2 girls wanted to come home with us so she did. They decided they wanted to have a bash at painting so I let them put a coat of paint on the shelves.In the time that it took me to turn around and put the camera down Caro had managed to knock the paint can over and we had a huge mess. No biggie! If you let kids do big people jobs you have to expect big people messes. We cleaned it up and they carried on. It wasn't the best paint job ever, but nothing that a little sandpaper couldn't fix.

Right Before Disaster Struck.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


So now I have everything except the artwork and some knick-knackeria sorted out for the room but I refuse to put it all together as a room yet since it is going to be occupied by my cousin for a couple of weeks and it is just wrong to let someone else christen the room. Sorry Stephen but you know I am a fruitcake. I am starting to feel good about it now and can't wait to get it finished and put all the stuff in it's rightful place and go to town dressing it up. Once that is done I will take some decent photos of it.

I will post my packing list and gift list a little closer to the time unless someone needs them now in which case I will email them to you.

10 comments:

PIPO said...

Lover-ly! I LOVE the colors.

Hey, 'Don't cry over spilt paint' I say ;0) Goodness nows I've made me share of messes.

Isn't the Doris a sweetie?

Nikki said...

Gotta love the 3D's -- they don't make 'em any sweeter than that!

About Chopstick's room: I think it is going to be absolutely georgeous. I like the paint job (minus the blue tape, of course)...and I am totally with you on not letting anyone else "christen" the room. Lily's room was a total shrine before she came home. My family thought (and still does think) I am a nut!
Oh well!

M and M said...

Doris is a gem!

What a pretty carpet! I can't wait to see the pictures of the finished room!

3D said...

You are welcome! Love sending surprises.

LOVE the room so far. You are doing a great job and I love your attitude. I will try to remember that saying when things like that happen.

Keep smilin!

Kathy and Joel said...

Looks good from this end!! Doris and Dan are the best!

Dannye said...

How sweet of Doris!! Everyone loves a surprise!!

And Chopsticks' room is great, isn't it exciting to accomplish something that is in our control, especially since we have no control over the adoption process.

Lily is a great helper, love the picture of her and her friend painting...

Polar Bear said...

I LOVE Chopsticks rug. That is so pretty. I think the wall color is wonderful.

redmaryjanes said...

I think that it looks beautiful. Can you post a picture of what the bottom stripes look like without the tape? I think that it's really nice!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

The room is shaping up; I love it!! Can't wait to see the finished result.

Ann said...

I love it. And I love how Lily is helping. That will be something she can share with her sister, I can see it now her telling her sister all about how she helped and prepared for her to come home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails