17 Feb 2007

While I Was Sleeping

Jacob has a strange habit of getting up in the middle of the night and eating cookies and drinking milk. I cannot even eat breakfast so I can't imagine waking up from a dead sleep and scoffing a handful of cookies and drinking milk. Not only does he do this but sometimes he doesn't actually wake up to do it and when I get up in the morning I am faced with a disaster in the kitchen because he is not so tidy when he is asleep. On more than one occasion Lily and I have come downstairs together and been greeted by the leftovers and she just says, Daddy ate the cookies again, in her most stern voice. When she saw his latest assortment of night time treats she begged him to let her join in one night.

Apparently last night was the night. While I was sleeping the 2 of them got up at about 2am and went on a wild kitchen raid complete with hot chocolate made with milk and Pepperidge Farm Seville's. He went in to her room and woke her up and she immediately sprang into action. She thought it was the most fun ever and refuses to tell me anything about it but slips every now and again and blurts something out and then says I can't tell you it's between me and daddy. I woke up this morning to find Schnoog in our bed because Jacob had just elbowed her in the head and she was complaining. Other than that I oblivious to the escapade, which is probably just as well cos when I asked if he brushed her teeth I just got a dirty look.

He tried to get pictures but her eyes were to sleepy and everytime the flash went off she said it hurt her eyes but he managed to get one that you can actually see her in the others were just a fuzzy blur. It kills me to think she is this awake and alert in the middle of the night just seconds after waking up.....maybe it was all that sugar, daddy!

I've found your stash, Daddy

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

15 comments:

3D said...

I love that they went on a midnight raid. A special time between Daddy and daughter. That is so cool that they had a treat in the middle of the night.

Keep smilin!

Dannye said...

Gotta love the midnight raid and special father/daughter time.

Jacob is too funny!!!! As is Lily!!

Andie said...

I'm glad he let Lily join in with the goodies.
Remember the time when all he left was chocolate fingerprints on the white kitchen curtains?

Steffie B. said...

That is hilarious!

aimeeg said...

That is so great!

SARA said...

Too funny!!!!!

Nikki said...

I love it!
Hey, as long as they don't wake you up, right?

Pug Mama said...

funny.
my sister does that also, sometimes she doesn't remember. She once woke up with a ice cream stick stuck to her chest with some melted ice cream.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Awesome Daddy - Daughter memories that will last a lifetime :0)

Kathy and Joel said...

Too funny!!

Ann said...

I think this is the greatest Daddy story ever. How awesome. I just think it's too funny that you asked him if he had her brush her teeth, now really did you really think he did. Sounds like these middle of the night raids should become a tradition. I imagine Lily as a teenager having cookies with Dad in the middle of the night, bonding and talking about boys!!

Emmie said...

What a little stinker! You can't help but laugh though!! :)

PIPO said...

I think that is one amazingly cool daddy-o!

Beckyb said...

yes, yes - Dad's have all the fun, don't they - they make us moms look bad!!! :) Looks like a very good time!!!

Polar Bear said...

What a great memory that will be for Lily!

Hope you don't mind, but I added you to my blog list.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails