27 Oct 2006

Who Knew


After I picked lily up from school yesterday I had to continue to gather paperwork for our homestudy update and needed to take her along. I felt really bad as this is not a fun activity for a little one to get dragged along on. Boy, was I wrong! First stop the Police Department: She loved seeing all the police officers and the place was humming as they had a conference going on. I was told that it was going to take about 30 mins to do the background check because they were so busy and that they were so sorry. No problem I would just walk around and show Lily all the posters etc. Not 2 minutes later a lady officer appeared and handed Lily a colouring book and her own police badge. You would have thought they had handed Lily the moon and stars. She was so proud. It was so cute cos she has no idea that it wasnt real and now she actually thinks she is a police officer! She strutted around all night wearing that badge and today she wore it to school. Next stop the accountant for my employment letter: she loves going there. She calls my accountant Uncle N and knows everyone by name. She gets stickers and cookies and chit chats her way from office to office. Her favourite person is her Goo Goo, she actually accompanied us on our trip to China so Lily has known her as long as she has known us but she is on sabbatical in China at the moment so she wasn't there. So to me it was an afternoon of endless errands but to Lily is was one great big adventure.....its all in your perspective!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails