11 Oct 2006

Not Very Cheery News Today + update

On a not so cheery note, today I just found out that when our immigration paperwork expires after a year (in the state of Florida) that we now have to redo our whole homestudy including, medicals, police background checks, FDLE background checks, and our fingerprints to the tune of just over a $1,000. Sometimes I just want to crawl under a rock and not come out until this is over. I have called and emailed our Senators until I am blue in the face but they couldnt care less and say things like, that isn't their area. Okay back to being happy cos in the end I know it will al be worth it. But I will really have to tell Lily that the little brother that she has been talking about a lot lately isnt gonna happen cos one more is enough!! UPDATE.......... Hubby, being the calm part of this deal, has just managed to put everything into perspective. He just pointed out that with the longer wait times we will have to update our homestudy anyway so what difference does it make whether we update it at 12 months for immigration or at 18 months when we need to travel. All the papework will be the same and so will the cost. We had to do it for Lily and we will have to do it this time so why I am I so upset. When he put it like that it really didnt seem so bad. See, I told you he was the calm one. He is the ying to my yang ......yuck that was corny!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails