29 Sept 2006

To Do List

One of the things on our adoption To Do List is to make sure that our passports are valid for more than 6 months at the time that we travel. I am not sure why this is but it is. Mine was due to expire so I dutifully sent if off a fortnight ago with 2 quite ghastly photos of myself to the British Embassy in Washington DC. I dont know why driving license and passport photos always make people look so frightful but I think it is really unfair! My last passport wasnt so bad so I even made sure I wore the same coloured clothes just to give myself a fighting chance but it didnt work this time! Anyway I was told by the trusty website to expect it to take 4 weeks so when FEDEX delivered a package yesterday I assumed that I had failed to fill out the form incorrectly and that everything was being returned to me with a "Dear Moron" letter but instead I received a new passport complete with some funny womans photo in it. At close examination it turns out the funny looking woman is indeed me! Have I really changed that much in 10 years............yikes. I just hope this adoption process doesnt take too much longer cos if I have to renew it again I shall be really old, oops I mean I shall be really upset.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails