20 Sept 2009

3 Word Sunday (more than 3 actually)

There was a time in this family when the expression, "Lives To Ride" was synonymous with Jacob and his Harley but now those words are tied to Lily and her horse. Oh how times have changed! This week Lily had a special lesson in which she and 11 other kids were going to be riding to the ice cream shop on horseback to buy an ice cream. Can you imagine the excitement level in this house? Suffice to say it could be measured on the Richter scale. I didn't tell her what day the ride out was because, quite frankly, I didn't need her to explode with anticipation.

First thing yesterday morning I checked our weather online before saying anything to her and was a little concerned with what I saw: thunderstorms all day and a feel like temperature of 107 degrees. Holy sh*t. Hmmm. not looking good babycakes. The weather men down here don't really ever seem to get it right so I just kept looking outside and hoping for the best. Finally at 11am I told her to go and get dressed and that her clothes were already for her. When she got to her bedroom she squealed, like a banshee.

We took her over to the farm and she was blissfully happy. It was HOT. Hell would have seemed like a better place to be and I was glad we were not going to be standing about outside watching her ride. She kissed us all goodbye and off she rode. (I off course drove in the (air conditioned) car and met everyone at the ice cream shop). I have no idea why other parents don't do this stuff. I love seeing her enjoying herself and she loves having me there and I know that won't last for much longer so I am enjoying it while it lasts! The instructors needed some help too. Buying 13 ice creams isn't easy especially since 2 of them had to stay with the kids and horses.

So here are my 3 words, finally




See the colour of her face! She was one hot sweaty mess! She drank a lot of water had a bath and was ready for a party later in the day! Phew this kid is full of energy.........good thing I am hyper too!
She isn't asleep here she was just laying like that with her eyes closed. She was really pooped.
Go here and visit Pug Mama for all the rule on 3WS and then play along too!

8 comments:

Diana said...

That picture of your daughter sleeping is just TOO CUTE!!!
Have a fun week:)

Wanda said...

REALLY funny and so typical. They spend that whole wade and they're done!!

Love Letters To China said...

OMG... I don't know how they manage doing that in this heat. It was SO HOT yesterday. Way to go Lily! Is it ever going to cool off again???

Pug Mama said...

HYSTERICAL!!!!

Special K said...

She's really sleeping in that position? Oh my word....

Michelle said...

Nothing stopped me from riding at that age either.

Love the sleeping pic. I wish I could sleep like that!

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

It is wonderful how much she loves riding! She looks so spent in that last photo!

Vivian M said...

LOL!!! I get scared when they overheat and their cheeks get so red. I always make Kerri stop and drink. I am such an overbearing Mom, sheesh!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails